Monday, October 28, 2019

The Clown Woods

I don't get scared like other people
I just don't jump away in fright.
Try and make me scream, I dare you
Let's go see who makes the night.

The woods fell still upon our entrance
Every footstep was a crack
I saw your face as white as sheets
A tension ready to snap.

The handler marked our tickets off
And lead us toward two doors
One for each of us to walk inside
To stand alone for the tour.

My heartbeat quickened as I walked
But I tell you, not from fear.
I wasn't scared at all from
Those creatures that were near.

BANG!

Like the sky condensed in thunder
Like the sound of a thousand drums
It blasted my body with vibrations
And made my nerves its victims.

I won't admit to anyone else
But I walked a little faster
Not because I was scared, mind you
But to save you from disaster.

I heard your shriek ahead of me
And quicker was my pace
Because I thought you were in trouble
And I was not afraid.

And then I saw him in the dark
A man as pale as death
With lips more red than cherries
And sour makeup on his breath

I heard a scream beyond the throat
That split in several places
And then the world became a blur
As I booked it past the exits.

Now, you might say that scream was mine
But, you don't have it straight
While people might think otherwise,
I was NOT afraid.

~ Olivia :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.