Thursday, October 10, 2019

My Voices

My confusion is manifested
In twisting
Persuading
Enigmatic
Whispers
The voices of thoughts
Inside my mind
Telling me what to do
What to say
What to feel
But I don't feel
Because if I feel
Then the voices are
Right

Some are like ice
Crackling
They whisper dangerous thoughts
No emotions are
Permitted
In their hardened tongues
Others are silk ribbons
Weaving around my ears
Their whispers are soft
Gentle
Sweet as liquid chocolate
Yet what they say
Is bitter
The voices scream and rage
They compress my mind
Like boiling lava
Trapped in a volcano
With no point of exit
Always expanding
Contracting
With voices that aren't supposed
To be there

They tell me to move
To stop
To take
To scream
My body obeys
Because it's easier
That way
The voices persuade
With white hot
Iron
And cold white
Ice
That turn red with my
Voices' decisions
That have become
Mine

But I know they aren't supposed to be real
If all the voices were real
They would
Come out of my mouth
Speak with my voice
Become their own voice
Beyond the confines of my confusion
And wreak havoc
On the voiceless
World

The paradoxical bewilderment of my
Existence
Curls me into myself
Until I hear nothing
But the voices
Feel nothing but their
Touches
See nothing but their
Words
I'm an empty vessel
Filled with the unsubstantial
Voices of nothing
Who whisper desires
Motives
Drives
Into my empty
Bleeding
Mind

Some voices say I'm
Insane
But I'm not
Insane
Because that would make them
Insane
Too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.